Shalom. ^^

Sunday, September 15, 2013

#79

I wrote and sent this topic in for tomorrow's discussion:

"Family and Superstitions"

I find this an interesting topic to discuss and share especially when different families have different opinions, values and upbringings. 

2 questions to ponder.

1) What are your views? 

As for me, I'm not exactly a traditional person. Neither am I a liberal person. In other words, I'm not very superstitious. 

For example, I don't have to dress in red or wear a cheongsam during CNY. I can pass with a black dress and will still be given angpaos. This; I don't think is acceptable in some family. 

The reason may lie in the central system that runs and works in the family. My paternal family focuses on the Christian faith and values. Hence, like what some of my friends would say, "You're not very Chinese."

2) Does it mean that we deny our roots if we do not follow these superstitions? 

>> There are no right and wrong answer as it is subjective. We are entitled to our own opinion. <<

To conclude, what matters are our upbringing= how we are brought up properly, how we take pride and arent ashamed of who each one of us is / the identity we represent. 

On a side note, being a 'banana' doesn't mean that I'm not a Chinese! 

Apologies if this topic and content affect anyone. 

#HOTS #opinions


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment